Course Length: Online learning platform. 12 modules, with a 50 question multiple choice exam at the end.
This accredited and certificated course provides students with a carefully sequenced learning experience that combines structured reading with online learning and assessment activities in preparation for a final online examination and written assignment linked to individual conditions and contraindications to treatment.
Your enrolment includes all administration and certificate, as well as:
- FREE membership to ThinkTree Hub as a student and or full qualified member
- TWO Discounted comprehensive text books for you to buy (see below, RRP £40.98) that are yours to keep and use within your studies and for reference when qualified and practicing as a therapist.
- Anatomy & Physiology by Ruth Hull
- Healing Massage, A-Z Guide to more than 40 Medical Conditions by by Maureen Abson (RRP £18.99)
The Units you will study on this course are:
- The Organisation of the Body
- The Skin, Hair and Nails
- The Skeletal System
- The Muscular System
- The Nervous System
- The Endocrine System
- The Respiratory System
- The Cardiovascular System
- The Lymphatic and Immune System
- The Digestive System
- The Urinary System
- The Reproductive System
You will also be asked to submit a written assessment detailing four personal reflections aligned to specific conditions and the contraindications to treatment impacting on your professional practice. A detailed writing frame / guidance is provided, each reflection has a word count limit of 350 words.
A final online exam (open book) comprising of 50 multiple choice questions is the final assessment, the Pass mark required is 80%. Up to 5 resits are available at no cost.
Awarding Body: ThinkTree Hub Education
The way the course works is as follows:
- Student enrols
- Completes all the units
- Sits the multiple choice test (5 attempts allowed)
- Sends in the assignments and awaits feedback (there is sometimes further work to do)
- Then a certificate will be sent after assessors feedback if the student has passed