Cost: £205, including booking fee of £80
Course Length: 1 day
What is Indonesian Mande Lular Massage?
Indonesian Massage or Mande Lular Massage is a deep oil-based massage and is an ancient system of healing, dating back more than 4,000 years. It dates back almost as far as a Chinese massage and could be regarded as one of the original oil based massage therapies. Fusing the cultural heritage of Central Java, the spice island of Indonesia, and the ancient precepts of Indian massage, energy lines and marma points, Mande Lular Massage, as it is known today comprises a deep, relaxing massage using products to exfoliate, soften and nourish the skin.
Traditionally reserved for prospective brides, this luxurious treatment is considered to be a form of spiritual and physical purification and, consequently, an excellent preparation for marriage and child-birth. In Indonesia, the Mande Lular treatment is an essential element of a preparatory ritual which can last forty days, this pre-marital custom is honoured as a time for the women of the family to commune and give advice to the bride-to-be.
This unique and luxurious treatment consists of three stages, exfoliation, massage using dry hand movements and deep tissue massage with oils and using nourishing warm body cream. This treatment will leave your clients feeling well and truly treated and relaxed.
Course Content & Learning Outcomes:
- History and benefits of Indonesian Mande Lular Massage
- Energy System and Marma points
- Your working environment
- Code of practice & insurance for therapists
- Consultation including contraindications
- Contra-actions/ aftercare advice
- How to make the Mande Lular exfoliation and nourishing cream
- Marketing advice
- Anatomy & physiology for this treatment
- Indonesian Mande Lular Massage routine
- Home Study (1-day guided learning)
- 1 day practical
- 3 Case Studies
Awarding Body: CMA
This course is run by ZJB Training
This course is available at:
- In-house training available